Follow my Blog!

Enter your email above and follow my blog for reviews, tutorials, and a look inside my life as a Professional Makeup Artist!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Plus Sized Summer Fashions- Dresses

Hello Dolls,
I don't consider myself fashionable by any means, but I do love dressing up and I never use my size as an excuse. I currently wear a size 12-14 in bottoms and usually an XL in tops. I've never been embarrased to tell people what size I wear or how much I weigh; I don't find it to be a burden. I get a check up 2 times a year and I recently had a full pysical (extensive blood work included) and I'm very healthy. I would love to be weigh less, but i'm not going to sit around and complain about it.

Anyway, on with the fashion! Today I decided to share a few dresses with you guys that I think would make a great plus size summer wardrobe. I adore shopping at Forever 21+, Forever 21, Kohls, Old Navy, and even JCPenny has cute stuff from time to time. So let's get started with the looks!


product.asp.jpg product.asp.jpgproduct.asp.jpgproduct.asp.jpg

1 2 3 4


I love dresses for Spring and Summer. I feel like they are so easy and fun and great to wear for a night out or even for a day at the park!


#1- The first one is one that I would wear for a night out or going somewhere that's a bit more formal. The color makes it super elegant, but the flowy-ness and sheer material make it perfect for those hot summer days!

#2- This dress is so great. I love that it cinches right beneath the bust; I feel like cinching on a plus sized outfit needs to be below the bust for the most flattering fit and this dress does just that. You could dress this up with a fitted black boyfriend blazer & some pumps or dress it down with a jean jacket and some fun wedges!

#3- Finding a floral dress that doesn't look like a mu-mu for a plus sized girl is hard! I love the clock-blocking-esqe feature that this dress has. The floral print is beautiful without being over the top and the pop of color with the pink is amazing!

#4- Again, finding a floral dress is hard but I feel like the cut and fit of this dress gives it a very sexy and flattering look. The color is perfect and because the floral pattern is bigger than most, it looks perfect for a plus sized figure. This dress would look great with either pink or yellow pumps and some chunky bracelets!


index.jsp.jpgindex.jsp.jpgindex.jsp.jpg

5 6 7


#5- This dress has the prettiest and most flattering cut. The color is wonderful and the pattern is gorgeous. Pairing this with some nude pumps would dress it up really nicely but some black wedges and silver jewelry would make it perfect for a summer day.

#6- I ABSOLUTELY love this dress! The cut, the print, the belt... it's just amazing. I love the fact that I can wear some really cute jewelry and some gladiator sandals and hit the sand dunes or the beach or completely dress it up. I love it!

#7- Of course, who doesn't need a basic LWD (Little White Dress). White looks great on tons of skin tones and makes you look more tan and the sweetheart neckline is so flattering on a plus sized figure is killer! The wide straps are great and look awesome.


Okay, well those are my picks for Plus Sized summer dresses. What do you think? I'd love to hear from you all and see what you guys would suggest.


Mucho Amor,

Edith





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers