Follow my Blog!

Enter your email above and follow my blog for reviews, tutorials, and a look inside my life as a Professional Makeup Artist!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sweet Summer Makeover!

Hi Dolls,
Meet my 15 1/2 year old sister in law Vicky. She's a funny, outgoing girl with a love for fashion and beauty BUT, without the patience or time to get dolled up everyday. Every now and then, I pick random family and friends and ask them to be my models so that I can keep my portfolio updated. With Vicky, it was just for fun! She was off to her boyfriends graduation party and wanted to look "cute and pretty but summery and sexy". So this is what I did. The first two pictures are Vicky on a regular basis. She has straight hair so it doesn't require much upkeep and she keeps the makeup minimal with eyeliner and mascara.
This is the AFTER.

I didn't do anything overwhelming on her face. I used mostly the urban decay naked palette and followed xsparkage's "White Swan" look as a guide. A really pretty neutral blush and some peach blush and that was really all for the makeup.

For the hair, It wasn't too hard. I am Vicky's hairdresser so I know how the haircut I give her is meant to look and this style was perfect! I put in my own clip in hair extensions and then simply curled her hair with a 1 1/4 inch curling iron. The style is the basic style she always wears, but just with a little more volume and some soft waves.




So what do you guys think? She looks cute, right? Obviously this was a one time thing and not an everyday look for her but it was tons of fun and she enjoyed it so much! You could literally see her grow more confident as I finished getting her ready.

Mucho Amor,
Edith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers