Follow my Blog!

Enter your email above and follow my blog for reviews, tutorials, and a look inside my life as a Professional Makeup Artist!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hard Candy Product Haul & Review


Hi Dolls!
This post is a little bit different. Tonight, I was selected to be a guest blogger on the beautiful Carah Amelie's website. I am so excited to be working with her and her website and I look forward to learning more from her and her followers. I will be posting the same blog posts that I write for her blog, and putting them on mine. Check out the site and tell me what you think!
A few days ago, I was wandering around Wal-mart when I noticed a few new products to the Hard Candy Line. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Hard Candy, Hard Candy used to be a high end line that was owned by the same company that owns Urban Decay (hence the similarities in product packaging) and later was made mass by partnering with Wal-Mart Inc. So, enough of the history lesson, let's get on with the review!

The first things I saw were these Fox in a Box Boxed Blushes. As soon as I saw them, I couldn't help but notice the similarity in packaging to the Benefit Boxed Powders. These blushes come in 6 different shades and come with quite a bit of product. The powders are split up into 2 or 4 sections in which, the idea is, you can swirl the colors together to create one amazing blush color!


The three colors that I purchased (from left to right):
*Sweet and Spicy- A beautiful shimmery blend of light pinks and natural bronzers for a light pink glow.
*Hot Flash- A bright and fun blend of bright pinks and light pinks that provide a noticeable pink flush to the cheeks.
*Skinny Dipping- A beautiful bronze coral color that provides a subtle and shimmery glow to the face

These blushes are SUPER pigmented and a little goes a long way. I suggest using a flufflier brush to apply, such as the Sigma F50 (Large Powder Brush) to apply. One down side to these blushes is that they are kind of powdery and chalky, so use a light hand when applying them. These were $6.00 each and worth every penny!




The next things I picked up were the new lipglosses that were just released. These are called Glassaholic and they are one of a kind! First of all, they are HUGE! If any of you were able to see or pick up the limited edition Wonder Woman lipglasses from MAC, you have an idea as to what these lipglosses look like. They are designed so all you need is one swipe and that's enough to cover your lips, and having used them, I can definitely say, they most definitely do! They have flecks of huge glitter in them and they reflex in a way that make your lips looks fuller and so much better! They are super light weight and not sticky at all and for $5.00 a piece, such a steal!





I picked up the colors (from left to right):

-Fireball: a deep cherry color with blue and purple glitter

-Tipsy: a baby pink with silver glitter

-Lush- a nude with gold glitter in it.


These are the best lipglosses i've ever used! They are non-sticky, super pigmented, and they smell like cupcakes!

I'm so genuinely happy with Hard Candy Cosmetics. I've had nothing but good experiences with them and the fact that they are so inexpensive and yet, good quality is such an awesome addition.

Have you every tried Hard Candy products? What did you think? Until my next post, i'll see you all soon!


Mucho Amor,
Edith



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers